Friday, January 15, 2010

Funny People, Moon, Princess and the Frog, Previews BE GONE!








So this is a long time coming, I have been watching quite a few movies that require you to stay as far away from a previews as possible, they are all very good movies, some of them are FANTASTIC movies, Moon made by Duncan Jones (AKA DAVID BOWIE’S SON!!!!) is fantastic, it centers around a man who is stationed on the moon, luckily I had seen a short preview which included the song from The Fountain (like EVERY other preview EVER made) but I had completely forgotten about it when I saw the movie, thank God! The preview completely gives away so much and so it is the same for both Funny People and for the Princess and the Frog, both very good movies. Funny People stars Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen, which my friend Rich hatefully refers to as the “fat kid”, I personally enjoy Adam Sandler’s serious movies, I love them in fact and funny people is no different, much like Spanglish it includes areas where you laugh and probably more than Spanglish as this centers around a group of comedians and there are some REALLY funny parts, but it is not Superbad, it is not 40 Year Old Virgin and even though it is a Judd Apatow film, it is not roll around, dick and fart joke comedy, it does however have a nice little story and a good ending. The next movie is one I have been waiting a long time to see, a couple years in fact from the very first rumor, that would be the Princess and the Frog. Now, everywhere I look I see nothing but reviews about how racist the movie is, well I saw this on the WEST side of my City, like 5 blocks from the projects, and I was the ONLY white person in there, literally the only one. I saw the early show (4:10) so it was mainly families and not a single person in there left biiiit… I mean complaining about the movie like all these people online are. Now the time period is set in the Jazz Age Era and includes a wide variety of characters much like every other Disney film. When I watched the movie, I paid particular attention to if it was overtly offensive and racist and the closest thing I saw was actually the white characters in the movie, but considering the location and period of the piece they made perfect sense. I find it funny simply because it is black actors who play these roles and if it was a live action period piece no one would say anything. The kids that left that theater, primarily girls, looked very happy, and I must say if I was a child I would look up to the lessons that Princess and the Frog teaches and I think Tiana may be my favorite Princess.She has spunk, she is super beautiful, and she is a good role model, none of this I need to find me a man crap, a good hard working girl! The movie has a lot of songs, but none that are as catchy as the early Disney of my childhood. The animation is very well done and the colors are beautiful, but I would expect nothing less from John Lasseter, plus I am a sucker for John Goodman and his jolly, giant Southern Gentleman was excellent. :-P As Fish says “A great movie in terms of not sucking” So, all in all two great movies and one fantastic movie. DON’T watch the previews just take my word for it and go see them! ^_^ Love Love Jettychan

No comments:

Post a Comment