Friday, January 15, 2010

Watched alot of movies but Ink is a MUST SEE!


You must be thinking to yourself that I have not been watching any movies recently as I havent posted in awhile, well au contraire mon frere . I have watched TONS of movies and Ugly Truth was funny, My Sisters Keeper was great, and even Not Quite Hollywood Quentin Tarantino's movie about Ozpoltation films (Australian Exploitation films) was very, very good and made my list of old movies I need to find so much longer. However I watched Ink last night and I had to write about it here. Ink is one of those movies that will become a huge cult film, I see it like I see my first time watching Donnie Darko. There's nothing quite like it. This movie has an amazing artistic quality to it, the environments are superbly created and the acting is on par with the best in the business. The little girl was a hard sell for me as I had just watched Abigail Breslin in My Sisters Keeper, but I think when you consider it is her first film, she held her own. The VERY basic premise is that when we sleep there are people who give us dream and people who give us nightmares. When a drifter in the other world steals a little girl to try and become a full fledged Incubus (so he can be numb), it is up to the dream givers to get her back by forcing her dad to be a man. The cinematography is great and the use of movement to transition between scenes is highly entertaining. The best part for me about this movie is that it is 100% independent, they got tired of being ignored by studios so they made it themselves, and they did a superb job! It is dark and gritty and it is light and inviting. As every movie gooer knows however it is the soundtrack that makes you feel. The world has a beat and this movie has it too. There are times when you feel like you are watching a student film, a highly engaging top notch A+ film mind you, but you feel this way because you are not getting hit over the head with special effects. Think old Stars Wars not new Star Wars. This is because they went through the effort with this film as you can see with the behind the scenes (of which they only give you part of for now) they went the long way with this film, they made the props, they devised clever cinematographic tricks. It keeps you going to the very end. All in all this movie is fantastic and I recommend going out and renting it, when you do come on here and tell me what you think. This movie should show you that you need to do what you believe in and not wait around for someone else to allow you to do it! Check it out!
Love Love Jettychan

Check out the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBGeErufQdY

No comments:

Post a Comment